Leading alternative asset investors are placing a higher focus on the ability of funds of hedge funds in Asia as well as hedge fund managers to respond quickly to volatile markets following the collapse of Lehman Brothers in 2008.
“Since the crisis we have seen a change in the fund of hedge funds and hedge fund industry – you need people with some trading background to be able to talk about risks as you need to react quickly,” said Miodrag Janjusevic, chief risk officer at fund of hedge funds Sa
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data