It’s been a wretched year for trend followers. But while performance at many investors has plunged, one new fund has found a novel way to prosper – putting trend-following systems to work in the commodities sector’s more curious markets, from Chinese asphalt to South African sunflower seeds.
So far, it’s working. The fund, launched by Gresham Investment Management and run by AHL‘s former head of commodities Scott Kerson, is up more than 28% year to date, according to sources with knowledge of
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC