An abundance of risk data means buy-side risk managers are having to work harder to hone in on the most telling information and are in danger of losing sight of the bigger picture, warned Citadel’s chief risk officer.
“We are information rich. Let’s not be context poor,” said Joanna Welsh, speaking at the Buy-Side Risk USA conference on June 20.
“We have all this data and computing power to churn out things in ways unimaginable [in the past], but part of my job is to get people to focus on
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia