As if the hype around alternative data wasn’t high enough, a boom in sustainable investing is fuelling even greater demand for unorthodox sources of insights into companies.
And in this case, there are reasons to believe the hype. Alternative data has yet to prove its mettle as a gateway to hidden signals of alpha, but for investors picking stocks based on their environmental, social and governance (ESG) credentials it represents a unique trove of information about the kinds of things companies
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC