Goldman Sachs is getting into the alternative data business.
The firm is in the early stages of building a team of quant researchers within its securities division, to identify internal data that might be valuable to clients in both investment and risk management.
A spokesperson confirmed the bank is looking at ways to monetise its internal data, but added it is still evaluating what products it might bring to market, since it is trying to be conscious of client concerns around confidentiality
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants