Factor investors are stressing caution amid one of the biggest shifts in factor performance in decades, from quality to value.
June to November saw the fourth-biggest reversal in relative performance since the 1980s between a long/short quality and long/short value strategy, according to research from Societe Generale.
But quant analysts and several factor investors say buy-siders should focus on diversifying, rather than slavishly following a rush into value.
"You always need something in the
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants