Smaller firms could get longer to settle margin calls for non-cleared derivatives without having to post additional collateral as had been expected, says a source close to the European Banking Authority (EBA).
In final draft regulatory technical standards (RTS) published on March 9, the European supervisory authorities granted smaller users of derivatives the chance to extend settlement times for variation margin (VM). But many in the industry saw the collateral requirements for doing so as
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay