Turbulence in the equity markets, with falling prices and volumes, has hit trading revenues hard, and firms are under intense pressure to cut their costs. A key area of focus is technology, not only in terms of reducing the spending on systems, but also in terms of introducing automation where traditional processes are expensive, and in looking for opportunities where judicial spending on new applications could bring additional profits.
“Several factors are forcing firms in the [Asia-Pacific]
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- Lack of buy-side repo backstop a concern – Citi repo head
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB