An old business adage holds that ‘you can’t manage what you can’t measure’. This is especially apposite in risk management. Banks have spent several decades and billions of dollars developing models to estimate potential losses from market and credit risks, but many chief information security officers (CISOs) confess to being unable to measure their exposure to cyber risk with anything like the same degree of accuracy.
“Wouldn’t it be great if CISOs had something like credit risk [modelling],
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?