Operational risk practitioners have expressed bitter disappointment with the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision's plans to remove op risk modelling from minimum bank capital rules, which were revealed on March 7.
In a long-awaited consultation, the committee proposed a new way of quantifying op risk capital, dubbed the standardised measurement approach (SMA). The method would replace all existing approaches to op risk capital, including the simpler standardised approaches and the advanced
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- Buy-side quant of the year: Gordon Ritter
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more