When North American bank Sovereign officially rebranded as Santander on October 17, 2013, it was almost five years to the day since the Spanish banking giant had bought up the struggling US retail bank. In doing so, Santander took on more than 700 retail bank branches across the US, adding a significant operational risk oversight need to the business.
And this is not Santander's only business interest in the US. Between 2006 and 2009 Santander took over the running of Drive Financial Services, a
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC