SAN JOAQUIN, CA – Actor Kiefer Sutherland, star of TV drama series “24”, has been conned out of $869,000 in a suspected Ponzi scheme that misled the actor into thinking he was investing in Mexican cows. Sutherland, who plays maverick anti-terrorism agent Jack Bauer, invested his money with steer-roping promoter and cattle manager Michael Wayne Carr.
The San Joaquin county California District Attorney’s office says the actor was told Carr would make big profits selling the cattle bought in Mexico
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules