Regulatory pressure is currently the major driver of risk management changes in the insurance industry. Most regulators have begun to appreciate the need for having an explicit set of standards to govern risk in the sector, as have been established in the banking sector with Basel II.
With the EU currently mulling over its Solvency II proposals (see box) and national governments, such as those of the UK, the Netherlands and Switzerland, passing new regulations, regulators have taken strong s
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence