The recent proposal to relax the Australian securitisation framework will make it easier for banks to use this as a funding source, a decision which has been welcomed by banks given the expected pick-up in consumer credit growth in 2014, according to market participants.
The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (Apra) proposed changes to the current securitisation framework APS 120 at the start of November seeking to simplify compliance for transactions for funding-only purposes.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data