Speaking on the implications of new regulations on currency markets at the FX Week USA congress, Levy expressed concerns over a proposal by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) to restrict leverage on these accounts to 10:1 from 100:1. He noted margin foreign exchange trading is a large and growing percentage of the forex market and, despite the focus of the regulators, is not limited to retail traders.
“As a high-frequency trading firm, the data dictates where we trade, whichever rat
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence