In the April 2000 issue of Risk's sister publication, Credit, Mark Moffat, then director of asset securitisation at Greenwich NatWest, said of Sabre Funding No 1: "We thought our [Greenwich NatWest and Liberty Hampshire] combined expertise in both structuring and investing in US, European and Japanese ABS, provided a powerful combination."
The $2.25 billion collateralised debt obligation (CDO) was launched in December 1999, and now, five and a half years later, Greenwich NatWest and NatWest
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC