Variable annuity (VA) writers in Ireland will be required to provide more information on their hedging strategies as part of the Irish regulator's latest push to bolster supervision of the industry.
The Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) is launching a market risk monitor to track VA writers' fund exposures and the corresponding hedges they have in place.
Ireland is host to 10 VA writers, which collectively earned €4 billion (£3 billion) of premium income and held a total of €18 billion assets under
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules