Risk executives at two of the largest clearing houses are defending their margin methodologies as news emerges that US regulators are probing margin shortfalls at the Options Clearing Corporation in the first quarter of the year.
The Chicago-based OCC reported 38 margin breaches with an average size of $61.4 million during the first quarter – as flagged by Risk Quantum after the clearing house published standard disclosures at the end of June. The first-quarter breaches dwarfed the OCC’s
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC