Regulators are stepping up their focus on non-financial risks and banks should consider restructuring their risk management functions accordingly, operational risk managers said at the OpRisk conference earlier today (June 12).
Jason Forrester, head of enterprise and operational risk management at Credit Suisse, said non-financial risk – in its broadest conception, all risks not covered by a bank’s market and credit risk frameworks – came in for special attention at a Basel Committee on Banking
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC