Vulnerability assessments are good as far as they go, but banks need to go beyond them to use ethical hacking, penetration testing and red-team physical testing, delegates at the OpRisk Asia conference in Singapore heard yesterday (April 25). Theo Nassiokas, Barclays’ director of cyber security for the Asia-Pacific region, warned vulnerability assessments could only be part of a proper cyber risk assessment.
“Ethical hacking – we go way beyond that,” he said. “We don’t just do vulnerability
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants