It’s notable that, despite a year free from big losses from rogue trading incidents, almost all senior op risk bankers who spoke to Risk.net for this year’s Top 10 Op Risks said they were steeling themselves for the next major violation: whatever controls a bank has in place, most agree it remains a matter of when, not if.
“Unauthorised trading is a risk for any firm with an investment banking business of any size, and it always will be – it’s as simple as that,” states the head of op risk at
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC