This article is the second in a series looking at the future of the quantitative finance profession, as part of Risk’s 30th anniversary coverage. An accompanying opinion piece from UBS’s Gordon Lee can be found here. Risk’s inaugural guide to the world’s leading quantitative finance master’s programmes is available here.
In the old days, there were banks and there were quants. The banks were making a fortune trading complex derivatives, and the quants were there to show them how.
The banks are
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC