The Federal Reserve is training its sights on the quality of model risk governance at the largest US banks in the qualitative portion of its annual stress tests.
Dealers subject to the regime report that examiners – who have spent the past several weeks assessing the 13 ‘large and complex’ firms that are subject to the qualitative reviews – have shown a particularly keen interest in how banks are validating and ensuring consistency in their risk models.
“There was a significant focus on our
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing