Market participants are increasingly exploring how machine learning can boost everything from credit underwriting to derivatives margin optimisation, but two prominent academics have warned that the technology’s applications for risk management are limited.
Speaking during a panel discussion at Risk’s Quant Europe 2017 conference in London on March 14, Rama Cont, professor of mathematics and chair of mathematical finance at Imperial College London, said a lack of data and constantly changing
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants