Fire drills conducted by central counterparties (CCPs) do not reflect the conditions of a real default scenario, dealers claim, since they are run by clearing houses on an individual basis when banks are often members of multiple CCPs.
While LCH.Clearnet was the only major CCP clearing swaps in 2008 when Lehman Brothers defaulted, market participants can now clear over-the-counter derivatives at CME Group, Eurex, Ice or a number of regional clearing services, such as those in Brazil, Hong Kong,
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden