Insurers are pressing for a widening of Solvency II's proportionality principle for captive insurers to allow all such businesses to use a streamlined version of the directive. Under the current text, captive insurers - off-balance sheet insurance vehicles designed to ring-fence particular risks - are allowed to do so provided they do not have liabilities in mandatory businesses, such as motor insurance.
Karel van Hulle, head of the insurance and pensions unit at the European Commission (EC), de
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence