Given the crucial role that derivatives play in managing the risk of the insurance industry, few European insurers have been able to ignore new rules on reporting derivatives trades, which entered into force on February 12. But not everyone has been prepared for the requirements, and a last-minute sprint to the finish has put trade repositories under pressure.
This latest raft of legislation, which is part of the European Union’s European Market Infrastructure Regulation (Emir), requires both ov
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data