Harmonising regulation across countries is usually a noble task. Shooting yourself in the foot by doing that isn’t.
European Union lawmakers have embarked on replacing the current patchwork of national access rules for foreign trading venues with a single EU equivalence regime. One part of their proposal could mean EU firms will not be able to trade on the largest third-country platforms unless those venues comply with certain rules contained in the bloc’s second Markets in Financial
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC