European Union legislators have put forward a draft proposal that would enable the bloc’s three financial watchdogs to delay the application of future rules if early enactment would disrupt the markets, according to a leaked document seen by Risk.net.
The proposal, made by the French delegation to the Council of the European Union, matches similar moves within the European Parliament to introduce regulatory relief powers.
The document urges fellow lawmakers to “seize the opportunity” to
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?