The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is going to take a look at the Camels rating system, its chair, Jelena McWilliams, told a Senate banking committee hearing on October 2.
McWilliams, who was confirmed in her role in June, told senators that since that date, her agency has been focusing on efforts to reduce the compliance burden on community banks.
“In the coming weeks and months, we will address other regulatory issues, including priorities like small dollar lending, the
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- Buy-side quant of the year: Gordon Ritter
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more