The European Commission's decision to delay regulations for packaged retail and insurance-based investment products (Priips) for 12 months will allow time for significant revisions, as well as lining up the legislation with the larger, overlapping second Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (Mifid II), according to legal experts.
"There are just so many uncertainties with Priips, which is unusual, so we really need this 12 months to get more clarity from the regulators, especially as they
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants