The largest financial institutions could begin posting initial and variation margin for non-cleared derivatives as early as February 2017, according to sources familiar with the matter, as the European Commission (EC) looks to close the time lag between the region's implementation of the rules and other regulatory jurisdictions.
The start would be earlier than the mid-2017 timeline which had been signalled by the EC following its decision to delay its implementation of the new margin regime
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- Lack of buy-side repo backstop a concern – Citi repo head
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB