Regulators lag behind the industry in their understanding of the impact of new regulations such as the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision’s new trading book capital rules, but they have a “keen interest” in learning more, said a member of the working group developing the rules.
The Basel Committee’s Fundamental review of the trading book (FRTB) is set to hike bank capital requirements by up to 2.4 times, according to an industry study. Many market participants had already warned the FRTB
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines