India's securities regulator plans to pay particular attention to the role of brokers in the country's commodity markets following its assumption of responsibility for regulation of the commodities sector on September 28.
Commodities regulation is the remit of the Forward Markets Commission (FMC), which operates under the auspices of the Ministry of Finance. Originally, the Ministry of Food oversaw the FMC, but it relinquished responsibility in September 2013 after a scandal that saw National
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden