In the early seventeenth century, Chief Powhatan led an alliance of Native American tribes whose warriors clashed with the settlers of Jamestown, England's first permanent colony in the Americas, established in modern-day Virginia in 1607.
Lately, another Powhatan has won attention for its fighting spirit. But this time, its enemies are not European settlers, but officials at the US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (Ferc). And instead of arrows and tomahawks, its weapons are expensive
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- Buy-side quant of the year: Gordon Ritter
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more