The market was transformed during the period covered by this month's survey of secondary market liquidity in the euro investment-grade sector. Concerns about subprime and the ensuing liquidity crisis brought some issuance to a standstill, with inevitable consequences for secondary trading. "The world changed between the end of July and the start of September," says Jean-Luc Lamarque, global head of syndicate at Calyon in London.
The financial sector was affected greatly, suffering some of the big
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data