The UK’s impending departure from the European Union is already having a severely detrimental impact on the country’s quant finance academic community, claim senior scholars, with several citing a knock-on effect on student job placements and staff departures.
Several senior academics that spoke to Risk.net variously blame Brexit for: difficulties in placing graduates for jobs and internships; the departure of key teaching staff from their institutions; a decline in the number of EU students
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks grapple with social media risk
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product