Money may be able to buy love, but it certainly cannot give someone the ability to predict the future. As the world becomes more complex, there is growing interest in the measurement and management of uncertainty for families of significant wealth.
In step with the rest of the market, family offices - entities that privately manage the wealth and affairs of such families - are adopting an increasingly sophisticated attitude to measuring and controlling financial risk.
Three areas of risk
In order t
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules