“New corporate governance regulations requiring companies to identify, quantify and manage all forms of risk are fuelling rapid growth in weather derivatives usage,” said Alex Schippers, ABN’s global head of weather and insurance derivatives.
“At the same time, investors seeking non-traditional investment assets are boosting liquidity and providing much-needed extra capacity in this market,” he added.
Kus has more than 15 years' experience in the alternative risk financing markets, having held various posts at AIG and Chubb Financial Solutions.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data