If, faced with a global monsoon, the shipbuilding industry created a vast ark from scratch, adhering to blueprints that were in constant flux – and launched the vessel on time, packed to the top deck with grateful passengers – it would, rightly, be hailed as a triumph. But telling the story properly would also mean focusing on the last-minute scramble to secure a berth, and the fate of those who missed the boat.
Something similar applies to the second US deadline for over-the-counter derivatives
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC