Regulators have a vision of the future in which vast reservoirs of swap market data lie at their fingertips – information that can be filtered to help identify dangerous build-ups of risk. But getting to that point requires each market participant to be given its own unique tag – of which there could eventually be more than a million, according to one estimate – and attempts to create a system of legal entity identifiers (LEIs) have foundered in the past.
Those involved in the current effort say
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data