Indianapolis hedges against escalating fuel prices

Under a contract with US bank KeyBank, 43% of the city’s Department of Public Work’s gasoline purchases are capped at $3.22 per gallon and the remaining 57% fluctuate between $3.12 and $3.35 per gallon. Last month, the hedge programme capped the city’s costs at $3.22 to $3.35 and protected it from extreme volatility in the gasoline market.

The programme originally expired in December 2007, leaving the City exposed to rising gasoline costs to the tune of $4 million to $5 million between January

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact or view our subscription options here:

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact to find out more.

Sorry, our subscription options are not loading right now

Please try again later. Get in touch with our customer services team if this issue persists.

New to View our subscription options

If you already have an account, please sign in here.


Want to know what’s included in our free membership? Click here

This address will be used to create your account

Smarter trading in a fragmented world

FX Week recently hosted a webinar in partnership with Refinitiv to ask foreign exchange industry leaders to discuss geopolitical challenges, market changes and developments, and evolving technologies, and how they have shaped forex markets in Asia

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account here