LME mini contract launch postponed

The five-tonne contracts are the first LME products not to be made available via its open-outcry floor, and will instead be traded exclusively online and via telephone. They were originally scheduled for launch on November 20 but will now debut on December 4 instead.

The delay follows the abandonment of an upgrade to the LME Select trading system, which was forced to shut down for almost two full trading days last week. The exchange says it needs extra time to test the contracts on the older version. LME chief executive Martin Abbott said: “I see this delay as disappointing and inconvenient, but in the circumstances, the most prudent way forward.”

(See also: LME rolls back Select after upgrade fault)

  • LinkedIn  
  • Save this article
  • Print this page  

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a Risk.net account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an indvidual account here: