Aside from a flurry of public deals last autumn, the European securitisation market is a long way short of its buoyant pre-crisis state. In an effort to revive the sector, the European Central Bank has launched an initiative to improve the transparency of securitised assets, but will it have the desired effect?
In the past two-and-a-half years, the European securitisation market has been artificially kept on life support by the European Central Bank. The Eurosystem credit operations facility
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC