Aside from a flurry of public deals last autumn, the European securitisation market is a long way short of its buoyant pre-crisis state. In an effort to revive the sector, the European Central Bank has launched an initiative to improve the transparency of securitised assets, but will it have the desired effect?
In the past two-and-a-half years, the European securitisation market has been artificially kept on life support by the European Central Bank. The Eurosystem credit operations facility
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks grapple with social media risk
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for wealth quant product