S&P Dow Jones Indices (SPDJI) stood out in the index innovation category this year, not because the index provider is among the biggest in the US, but because the company has discovered key trends and innovated upon them.
"They have come up with a lot of different concepts. They are an index provider that is not stuck on traditional market cap weighting but has come up with good, factor-based ideas, such as low volatility and momentum indexes," says Alfred Lee, vice-president at BMO Global Asset
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules