The UK Financial Services Authority's (FSA) draft of new regulations preventing unregulated collective investment schemes (Ucis) being marketed to retail investors will have most impact on the UK private wealth management sector, according to market participants.
"Unregulated collective investment schemes should not generally be marketed to retail investors," says Linda Woodall, head of investment intermediaries at the FSA in London. "They can be sold in the UK in certain circumstances, but
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules