The quantity of regulatory change will bring about a complete overhaul of the way financial markets operate in Europe, but due to shorter and less complicated supply chains, private banks will not feel the effects of regulatory pressures as much as retail banks, according to industry participants.
“It is probably fair to say the FSA [UK Financial Services Authority] is less concerned about distribution models of private banks and ensuring control over supply chains,” says Emily Benson, director
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay