A confidential list of the top 10 firms by volume on BrokerTec reveals the extent of high-frequency trading (HFT) in the Icap-owned interdealer market for US Treasuries – data that is not shared with participants on the platform.
The list – obtained by Risk – shows eight of the top 10 firms ranked by volume on BrokerTec over May and June were non-banks, with a big contingent of HFT specialists. These firms racked up trades with a notional volume of almost $7 trillion during the period, or 85% of
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC