Credit default swap (CDS) spreads on Japan moved from 116 basis points at close of play on Tuesday to 117bp at the same time yesterday, according to financial information provider Markit, bringing the sharp rise experienced since Friday's devastating earthquake to at least a temporary halt. However, the situation in the most heavily affected areas of the nation seems to have grown more serious in that time – the official tsunami death toll has exceeded 5,300, with more 9,000 still unaccounted
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?