The volume has been turned down on the initial margin ‘big bang’ after two global regulatory bodies lifted hundreds of buy-side firms from the documentation burden. Now, the derivatives industry is seeking clarity over the compliance requirements for an estimated 800 firms, which may still be required to calculate margin they will never need to post and seek regulatory approval for the use of industry-preferred models.
The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) and the International
- Libor leaders: ABP crafts blueprint for corporate Libor switch
- Libor leaders: how seven firms are tackling the transition
- Libor replacement: a modelling framework for in-arrears term rates
- Swaps data: a new era of competition in interest rate futures
- Libor leaders: EIB sees prizes and pitfalls in Libor reform